Thursday, March 16, 2006

RITM Meeting 3-13-2006

Meeting of 3-13-2006
Fellow Toastmasters,

The meeting of March 13, 2006 was held in the Rivercross Community Room with incumbent Vice President for Education, Doris Chernik, opened the meeting promptly at 8:00 P.M. I, Woody Deas, served as Toastmaster for the evening. The Word Master was Maria Tam, who challenged us to use the word “incumbent” in our presentations. Sue Brown opened the Table Topics around the general theme of career counciling with Malcolm as the first speaker to respond, followed by Janet, Thomas, Anna Doumnova , Ana Alba, and Doris. The speakers for the main session were Luigi, who presented Speech #9, and Silvia, who completed Speech #10 in the CTM Series. Congratulations the Silvia. Jill presented Speech #3 entitled “Selling the Donkey” from the Advanced Storytelling Series, and as always she was superb. As General Evaluator, Janet offered praise along with helpful comments concerning what we did or did not do according to Toastmaster International expectations. I know I need to exercise my voice and devote more time to practice - her helpful advice as well as her example was certainly appreciated by me – I am to do my first evaluation at the next meeting. I stumbled a bit in my first time as Toastmaster, even after observing the masterful performances of a dozen presenters during the preceding months, so more pre-meeting practice will certainly improve my performance. Owen, a guest who currently resides in Queens, introduced himself, and the balloting ended with Luigi voted as best speaker and Doris taking the the Table Topics speaking honors. After the Business Meeting, during which Doris, Anna, and Malcolm spoke on club business matters, the meeting was adjourned.

Respectfully Submitted,

Woody Deas
Secretary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home